We’re excited to announce our 2019 JRE cigar event which will take place on Sunday, July 28, 2019 from 12:00-4:30PM.
The event will be at Fin’s house (directions below).
As a special treat (and as long as there are no travel interruptions), Justo Eiroa of JRE will be joining us!
Use the PayPal button below to purchase your entrance to the event and reserve your spot on the guest list. Spots are limited and the PayPal button will stop working once the event is sold out.
Cost = $20 + tax per person:
*price will increase to $25 on July 20 for any remaining spots, so don’t delay!
- Reservation for the event
- Assortment of 3 JRE cigars
- Pizza, snacks, and beverages
- 3 raffle tickets for chance to win prize(s)
- Exclusive one day only discounts on purchases of additional JRE cigars
- Additional raffle tickets included with additional purchases made at the event
Payment is non-refundable as we are limiting the number of guests. If you are unable to attend, you can transfer your reservation to someone else, but you must notify us with the name of the individual taking your place so we can have them on our list.
Purchasing Your Ticket
When you click the ‘Buy Now’ button below, you will be re-directed to a PayPal page. The page will ask you for your PayPal account info. You DO NOT NEED a PayPal account. Right beneath the PayPal login section, you will see an option to pay by credit card. Use that option.
Once you complete your purchase, PayPal should email you a receipt. You MUST bring a copy of your receipt to the event.
12:00 – 2:00: Phase 1
- Guests can begin arriving as early as 12 noon
- The JRE cigar sales table will be available for purchasing additional JRE cigars and boxes at special one day only pricing. Purchases will include additional raffle tickets.
- We’ll plan for pizza to arrive around 12:30
2:00 – 2:45: Phase 2
- During this time we will pull winning tickets for our wide selection of prizes
2:45 – 4:30: Phase 3
- Relax and enjoy cigars
- Photos with Justo Eiroa
- Cocktails by Fin
The event will be at Fin’s house at:
145 Ward Ln
Greensburg, PA 15601
We strongly urge you to only use Google Maps App. If you do not have it on your phone, we suggest installing it. Google Maps App will bring you right to the property without issue. Other apps will send you to a different street a few blocks away. Car units such as garmin units often don’t have the street address in the database.
Though a Greensburg address, the property is just off route 22 near Delmont. It is up behind Gene & Boots candy store which sits on route 22.
Fin’s property can handle about 20-25 cars, but we expect upwards of 45 people once we factor in all the guests, Nelson Loguasto staff, and our guest of honor. We encourage you to try and carpool if possible to help make sure there is enough parking. Our regulars who live near the shop, please discuss amongst yourselves possibly meeting up at the shop and carpooling to the event.
Should I bring anything?
- We may not have enough chairs for everyone. If you own a folding chair or two, please consider bringing them just in case, even if just for yourself.
- Beer will be BYOB. We will have some coolers and ice. If you want to bring a cooler to be safe, feel free.
- There is a small lake on the property. If it’s a nice day and you want to fish while you enjoy your cigar, feel free to bring your fishing gear. I have no fishing equipment, so you’ll need to supply what you need.
- Make sure to bring your cigar cutter and lighter
Can I bring a friend?
- Everyone who comes must have purchased a ticket online prior to coming. This is a limited event.
JRE Tobacco is the father and son business of Julio R. Eiroa and his son Justo. JRE currently produces three cigar brands including the Aladino, Rancho Luna, and Tatascan. The Aladino is their premier line now featuring wrappers in Corojo, Connecticut, Maduro, and high priming Corojo.
The family’s farm in Honduras is world famous for its Authentic Corojo. As told by Julio, during the era of 1947-1961 Cuba was famous for its Cuban corojo tobacco. Unfortunately after 1961, the corojo crops became too difficult to grow and essentially disappeared from the cigar market. In the 90’s, tobacco growers would genetically modify the corojo seed to be able to grow it again, but it wasn’t the original, true authentic Cuban corojo. Eventually, the Eiroa family would figure out how to regrow this legendary tobacco which is featured in all JRE cigars.
In 1995, the Eiroa family would acquire the Camacho cigar brand and elevate it to one of the top cigar brands in the world. In 2008, they sold the Camacho brand to Davidoff. After a few years, Julio R. Eiroa then launched JRE.
JRE has taken the cigar industry by storm and piled up the awards and rankings, including:
- 2016 #2 Cigar of the Year – Aladino Elegante ( cigar-coop.com )
- 2017 #1 Cigar of the Year – Aladino Robusto ( thecigarauthority.com )
- 2018 #1 Cigar of the Year – Aladino Corojo Reserva Robusto ( cigar-coop.com )
- 2018 #6 Cigar of the Year – Aladino Corojo Reserva Robusto ( cigardojo.com )
- 2019 Cigar Aficionado 93 Rating – Aladino Toro ( May / June issue )
In February of 2019 Reed, Pete, and Fin traveled to Honduras to visit the Eiroa farm. You can view photos from their journey in our blog.
We are very proud that JRE is a featured brand at Nelson Loguasto’s. We carry a large variety of their cigars which you can view on our website.